IGL Grants programme: Supporting RCTs to find out what works to increase innovation, support high-growth entrepreneurship and accelerate business growth.
The IGL Grants programme is one of the activities of IGL, funded by the Argidius Foundation, the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and Nesta. The aim of IGL Grants is to support randomised controlled trials that build the evidence base on the most effective approaches to increase innovation, support high-growth entrepreneurship and accelerate business growth.
What we are looking to fund
The main aim of this call is to fund randomised controlled trials that provide evidence on the best approaches to increase innovation, support high-growth entrepreneurship and accelerate business growth.
This call for proposals is relevant to:
- Programme delivery organizations and operators involved in entrepreneurship training and education programmes, innovation management and commercialization, or other programmes that aim to support innovation, entrepreneurship and business growth; and who are interested in better understanding and evaluating the impact of their interventions, programmes or schemes, or comparing different versions of them. This also includes organisations interested in running experiments within their own organisation in order to improve their innovation processes.
- Researchers interested in designing and conducting randomised controlled trials related to innovation, entrepreneurship and business growth.
The fifth call for this programme is now open. Click here to apply.
Deadline: Monday 23 October, 2017
In September 2017, IGL will be hosting a series of webinars for researchers and organisations interested in applying to the IGL Grants Programme. The webinars will help participants understand what a strong proposal looks like by cover the following topics:
- Wednesday, 6 September 2017, 15:00 - 16:00 BST: What will your trial do? (Defining your intervention and research question)
- Tuesday, 12 September 2017, 15:00 - 16:00 BST: How will you answer your research question? (Designing your trial from randomisation to sample sizes)
- Thursday, 21 September 2017, 15:00 - 16:00 BST: Designing a high-quality trial
There will be the opportunity to ask questions both on the topics above as well as regarding the Grants Programme more broadly. Register using the links above to participate.
To stay up to date on future calls and other IGL news, please sign up to our newsletter.